Monday, August 27, 2007

The "O" in . . . .

Seltzer Park, after the flood

In this case the "O" is for Ohio rather than Olympia. I've been gone about 10 days to visit relatives all around the state of Ohio. My hometown was flooded badly on Tuesday, August 21. The river that runs through town actually cut it in two and several people were evacuated by helicopter. I visited on Friday when many aspects of town life were seemingly back to normal, though some Main Street businesses had clearly been badly impacted.

As I walked through the park on Friday afternoon, the community pool was full of kids, the cicadas were singing their hearts out, and the Black Fork flowed peacefully through the hot and humid summer afternoon.

Tomorrow, I shall return to regularly scheduled, Olympia-based photoblogging!

No comments: